It’s fall y’all! And when fall comes, so do all those delicious snacks. Caramel apples, candy corn, chocolate, taffy, and lollipops........YUM! It sure is tempting to eat them all. But are those yummy fall foods treats or tricks? Today, I am going to dig deeper into the candy bowl to find out how fall sweets might be effecting your health.
- It tastes really good
- ...... (crickets chirping) ......
- Some candy can cause acne breakouts
- Sugar weakens your immune system and can cause “sugar crashes”
- Sugar can also cause cavities and unhealthy teeth
- Even “sugar free” candy can cause health problems
- Some people can have allergic reactions to food coloring and other ingredients in candy
I didn’t create those lists to totally discourage you from eating sweets. Eating a little bit now and then is ok, just try to have a little self control. Enjoy your fall and stay healthy!