* Do follow A’s tips for lighting. She had a great post on lights a few weeks ago.
* Do decorate with your favorite knickknacks, but keep counters mostly clean.
* Do choose one or two main colors for your room as well as one or two accent colors. Check out my previous post on colors.
* Do make your bed every morning. It will get you in a habit and make it easier to remember to do.
* Do throw away all trash immediately. Consider getting a small decorative trash can for your room
* Don’t over stuff drawers, closets, shelfs, etc.
* Don’t forget to put away laundry. Try to put it all away as soon as it is clean.
* Don’t shove things under your bed. Get some short plastic totes to slide under your bed to keep those random items in.
* Don’t bring something in to your room if you are not going to put it away. A common cause of dirty rooms is when people (myself included) bring random things in their rooms, set them down, and forget all about them.
I hope these tips were helpful. Have fun!