Welcome back, girls!
Yes......it’s a corny name....but doesn’t it make sense? What’s more perfect for this craft than “yarnlet”? It’s a yarn-letter so.........yarn + letter = yarnlet! Now that that’s all straitened out, let’s start today’s craft.
Supplies you need:
* A cardboard or wooden cutout of one of your initials
* Felt stickers, hair clips and add-ons (optional)
1. Start by tying the end of your yarn to the top left corner of your letter. Add a little glue to the knot.
Note: Not all letter have a top left corner. If your letter does not have a top left corner, find another place on your letter to tie a knot.
2. Wrap your yarn tightly around your letter. Add glue to the back of your letter as you go. Be careful to not leave spaces between your yarn strips. If you feel creative, try stopping every few inches of letter that you cover to change colors. This will create a striped look.
3. Finally, add your decorations!! Clip on hair clips, stick on stickers and add on those decals with glue. If you have a certain design you want and you come up with the idea during your craft, feel free to decorate as you go.
This is my newest yarnlet. I’m so excited to complete it. Come back in a few weeks to see how it turns out!!
This is the back of my yarnlet. The back is not perfect and it doesn’t need to be. When I started a new color, I glued the end down. I did not just let it lay as the picture appears.
Here is a previous yarnlet that I have made.