Whenever I am missing out on something I have a tendency to think about whatever or whoever I am missing. According to Colossians 3:2 we are supposed to keep our thoughts on God by: “Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2”. I am now going to show you how to make an adorable magnet to remind you of that.
Supplies you need:
* Thin/small wood rectangle
* Acrylic paint (white and light blue)
* Scrapbook pen
* Sponge brush
* Bristle brush
* Stick-on magnet
* Paper plate
Note: Before you pour your paint, close the lid tightly and shake the bottle well. I forgot to do that with my white paint and it ran everywhere on my plate.
1. Pour your paint on your paper plate. You will not need very much.
2. Paint your wood piece light blue with your bristle brush. A thin coat should be enough but you can apply a second layer if you would like.
3. Add a very little drop of light blue paint to your white paint. Do not add a lot. You white paint should only be slightly discolored after you stir in the blue drop. Allow the blue on your wood piece to be mostly dry before you continue.
4. Put a little of your white/blue mixture on your sponge brush. Push your brush against the side of your plate to remove all access paint. Lightly dab your sponge brush in two corners of your wood piece to create “clouds”.
5. Write “Colossians 3:2 Set your affections on things above” in the in the center and let it dry completely.
6. Add a magnet to the back and ta-da! You are done.
Hang your magnet on your refrigerator or magnet board. You are done!