Today, I'm going to show you how to make your own joy jar. You can write out slips of paper listing reasons you are joyful and place them inside of the jar. If you don't feel joyful, that's ok! You can write down prayers or the details of prayers God has answered to the jar, too. The main goal is just to remember all that God has done for us and to keep these reminders close at hand - in a cute jar, anyone? It doesn't have to be a daily burden. This is supposed to be fun and something to lift us up - and if it's not, then I encourage you to skip it for now and try it again in a few months.
With that said, are you ready to make your own Joy Jar? Let's get started!
What You'll Need
* A clean, empty glass jar. I chose a 1-pint jar, but you can use a different size if you desire.
* White craft glue or Mod Podge
* A Paintbrush
* Yarn in a color of your choice
* Other embellishments for your jar as desired
1. Begin by brushing a line, about 1/2 inch tall, of mod podge/glue all around the middle of your jar.
2. Begin slowly wrapping a length of yarn around the jar so that it is laying on top of the band of glue. You will want your yarn wrapped around 5-6 times (if you lose count, it's ok)!
3. Cut your yarn off from the skein, if you haven't already. Use an extra dab of glue to help the end stick to the jar, if need be.
4. Now, you can use glue to attatch paper flowers or other embellishments to the middle of your yarn-band! Feel free to have fun and totally get creative.
And you are done!
Just Joyfully Jotting :),